COMMUNITY CENTER AND LIBRARY
The project is located within a beautiful one-square-mile park. The actual site is called “The Gardens”. Our challenge (and therefore program) was to integrate the library and community center with an existing 1916 historic building. This old boiler building has a round window, which was originally an exit for a smoke stack. This set the tone of the design.